Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh, your blog title rhymes. How creative.

Yes, it does. Thanks for noticing. So magazines and Piroulines... in case I have to make this clear, magazines represent writing and Piroulines represent food items that rhyme with magazines. Though I love Piroulines (who doesn't), I have no particular affinity for them and would have never thought to include them in the title of my blog had I not had such a knack for rhyming.

Yes, I consulted RhymeZone.com to help me craft my blog title, but Piroulines was not a suggestion. I came up with it on my own before I went through these other options (thanks in part to my friend Wendy):

  • Magazines Pork and Beans
  • Magazines and Collard Greens
  • Magazines and Salad Greens
  • Magazines Rice and Beans
  • Magazines and Green Beans
  • Food in Magazines and TV Screens
Note how my ideas became progressively longer and more idiotic. (If you believe any of those are better, please don't tell me; it'll probably just make me feel stupid.) Also note how the only ideas I came up with were rhymes. Generally speaking, the depth of my literary talents extend no farther than alliteration, rhymes and puns. Sorry in advance.

So I'd like to thank Piroulines for making a product that is not only delicious but also rhymes surprisingly well. I hope that using your potentially trademarked name does not put me in any awkward positions, involving lawsuits and the like.

Now that I've needlessly ranted about my blog title, I hope to write blog posts in the very near future about Food Network, food and cooking in general, and anything else that comes to mind. I'm very excited that I'm doing this. I've kind of been writing blog posts in my head for the past couple of days (ever since I bought the June issue of Food Network Magazine at Publix the other day). I didn't actually think I'd sit down and make this happen, though.

Heading off to Publix soon to make dinner tonight! Hopefully it tastes great and makes for a great post tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment