Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I tried making something. And succeeded!

Chia Seed Pudding

My breakfast this morning :)
In case you haven't heard, chia seeds are basically G-d's gift to humanity. They're the superfood of all superfoods. They give you more energy, suppress your appetite, provide antioxidants and calcium, and the list goes on... 

I purchased a pack of chia seeds when I went to Publix yesterday (one of the few times I've stepped outside my house since returning to the United States lolz) and decided to prepare a chia seed pudding – which I've often heard about and even seen but never eaten. 

Eating it for breakfast felt like a great way to start my day. It was light, sweet and creamy, cold, fresh, and clean. It's easier than easy to make, which is why I highly recommend everyone try it. It was much tastier and more fun than your average pudding or yogurt, with the convenient bonus of all the health benefits.

Today I also found this Buzzfeed list of other great recipes I can try out with the remainder of my chia seeds, including a few things I can do with all the pudding I made. I'm excited to try them out soon.

Here's the recipe I found on FoodNetwork.com...

Ingredients
1 cup almond milk
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
Raspberries

Directions
1. Whisk the almond milk, yogurt, syrup, vanilla, and salt until blended. Whisk in the chia seeds; let stand for 30 minutes. 

2. Stir to distribute the seeds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

3. Spoon a serving into a bowl and top with raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment