Friday, May 9, 2014

Two Years Later: Bringing The Blog Back

A lot has happened in the nearly two years that have passed since I abandoned this blog. I became occupied with actual food blogging for Miami New Times' Short Order, for instance. I took up coding and learned how to make my own website, which seems slightly cooler than using Blogger, in my humble opinion.

Soon, I'll become a well-traveled adventurer, as I explore Israel for 10 days and then move to New York City for two months shortly after.

Courtesy AngSarap.net
I can't believe I'll be headed to the Land of Milk and Honey in a little more than a week. When I return to the States – severely jet-lagged and likely missing the land of my forefathers – I hope to have enough energy in me to write at least one blog post about excessive falafel and shawarma consumption.

But it's in the Big Apple where my new food adventure will truly begin. As you may have been able to gather from the title and layout of this blog, it's been an ambition of mine to work (or intern) for a magazine – preferably a food magazine.

Although the media outlet I'll be interning for in NYC is neither a magazine nor food-specific, I'm inexplicably excited for the opportunity at hand. I'll be working full-time for Mashable.com, but I'd be remiss if I didn't take advantage of this great city that offers food from every country at every price point during all hours of the day and night.

Chinatown and Little Italy won't know what hit 'em. Hell's Kitchen, I'm comin' for ya. Chelsea Market – watch out; you're a short walk from my dorm, and it is quite possible I secretly plan to sneak my way into the Food Network's facilities. (In short, let's just make this my tantalizing to-do list.)

I hope I can keep up with the commitment of blogging about my food-ventures, and I invite you to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment